Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Forza Test Two: Rallye Peugeot (206 RC and 206 Rally Corse)

I have decided to tune up another Rally car favorite, this one missing from Horizon (and what for, when they brought back a car that I could have lived without, the Ford Focus SVT), the Peugeot 206 RC and 206 Rally Corse. Peugeot did something right with the 206, with the year the car comes in the game selling a worldwide amount of nearly 800,000 (2004). In stock form, the 206 RC comes with 174 hp and 149 ft-lbs of torque guiding the front wheels. Weighing in at 2,425 lbs, it's at the lower end of the C class as a stock car, rated at a C353. I took it for a test run on The Nuovo Rally di Positano circuit. As I take her for a spin, I instantly recognize the flaws of having an FF car. One is the understeer, which on the Rally di Positano track can become quite a nuisance. It also seemed to be a little bit sluggish and that I hope we can remedy with a proper Rally tune
Lap Time- 1:22.709
Overall-
Performance- 4.5/10- I'm not a big fan of this car in the stock setup. It seems like it wants to just steer into walls, and it did twice. Otherwise, it's just a normal car trying to be something that it's not, sporty.
Style- 7/10- The style of the Peugeot 206 has always drawn me in. It's a nice little thing, the hot hatch look works well for it.
Total- 11.5/20 (E)- The thing is, it would have been higher had it not been for the performance of the car with everything stock. Maybe tuning it will make it seem a little less... eugh..... shit.

I went to the tuning board and built the Peugeot 206 Rally Corse, an AWD A-600 version of the Peugeot 206 RC in the game. It weighs in a 2,670 lbs (an increase of 245 lbs), but also nearly doubles the horsepower to 346, and adds a nice 103 ft-lbs of torque to it. I took it for a run on the nuovo Rally di Positano. I still felt a little bit of the same sluggishness that I felt in the stock car, and noticed that the same fact of the walls being hit occured.
Lap Time- 1:14.466
Overall-
Performance- 5.5/10- The same problems that plagued the stock car seemed to show up in the AWD version. I'm not sure if there is not enough grip of just an abnormality within the car's feeling, but it seems to me that the car just doesn't feel right.
Style- 8/10- The car's ibherdesign kit really makes it stand out further. That is all.
Total- 13.5/20 (D)- Shame, I was hoping for a better performance of this hot hatch. I'm not sure if I'll be keeping her in my collection or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment